Ministry can slowly erode the health and vitality of our most important earthly relationship: our relationship with our wife. Far too often, our wives get the leftovers after work and ministry. Why not set some time aside to be your wife’s husband, not just her pastor? Consider this a free date with your wife, a time to put her first, and a time for her (and you) to connect with others who understand the challenges, heart-aches, joys, and stresses of life in ministry.
This year we will be blessed by a special guest speaker, Jim Dreisbach, who will speak encouragement into our hearts. Jim is a man who wears many hats: he has faithfully pastored in the Metro Columbus area, he works full-time as a Global HR Operations Sr. Director for a global medical device manufacturer, and he currently serves as an intentional interim pastor for churches in Ohio. He and his wife Dani have been married for 34 years. They have two daughters and delight in every moment they can get with their 5 grandchildren.
What: Fellowship. Food. Fun. And a little encouragement.
Who: Pastors and their wives in Clermont, Adams, and Brown counties (Region 7)
Cost: FREE! (sponsored by the Cincinnati Area Baptist Association)
Why: Because we need each other and we need a break from ministry. This is being intentionally planned so that our bivo brothers can participate as well.
Where: First Baptist Church, Mt Orab (704 S. High Street, Mount Orab, OH 45154)
When: Friday, February 11 from 7:00-9:00pm
How: Complete the checklist below
Date Night Checklist:
- Click the RSVP button and in 2 minutes you’ll be set. Please RSVP before Monday, February 7th
- Clear your calendar for that evening and let your wife know that you’re taking her to a Valentine’s Banquet
- If you have children, arrange for childcare for that night
- On the 11th, buy her some flowers, or write her a note, or do something special to let her know you are looking forward to enjoying an evening with her
- Plan to arrive between 6:45 and 7:00 pm. If you want to dress up, that’s great! Rather just be comfortable? That’s completely fine too!
Know that we are praying for you, your marriage, and your ministry. We look forward to spending the evening with you and your wife and, we pray, being a blessing to you.