Mission Trip Highlights
- 29 sheds painted
- 53 privacy fences painted
- 98 doors painted
- 1 swing set repaired
- Dirt moved and leveled
- 5 nights of Vacation Bible School
- 50+ meals served daily
- Numerous gospel conversations each day
- 2 souls saved!
It was an amazing week of watching God work as we faithfully served and shared. Conversations developed into friendships. The families of Deerfield not only heard the gospel, but saw it lived out. And we were changed in the process. For those who were involved, missions is no longer something just done over there, but also right here in our back yard.
And this was just the beginning of a long-term strategy to minister in our own community. We look forward to how we are going to continue what has been begun and build upon the foundation that has been laid. To God be all the glory!
Be sure to check out the picture gallery for pictures of our Mission Trip for All!
Laying the Foundation – Prayer
The most important thing we can do is humble ourselves before God and fervently pray. This is the work. Please use the prayer calendar to pray for Deerfield and the Mission Trip. We would recommend praying daily from 7:13-7:17. In addition to a prayer calendar, we will be having a corporate prayer walk in Deerfield on Tuesday, July 7 at 7:30pm. The rain date will be Thursday, July 9.
Are you ready to GO? This summer our church will be taking a mission trip to the Deerfield community. This unforgettable and high-impact week will include work projects during the day, such as:
- Repair and painting of privacy fences between apartments
- Updating and installation of playground equipment
Then in the evenings, we will continue to minister the gospel hope through:
- A Backyard VBS for the kids
- Continued work on the playground
- Dates: July 13-17, 2020
- Location: Deerfield Neighborhood, Mount Orab, Ohio
- Lunch and dinner will be provided
- Cost: $150*/person and no more than $300/family
- Registration Deadline: June 9, 2020
Tentative Daily Schedule:
- 8:00 – Arrive at church for worship, Bible study, prayer and announcements (Worship Center)
- 8:50 – Depart for Deerfield
- 9:00 – Begin work projects
- Noon – Lunch break @ Deerfield, including devotional
- 1:00 – Resume work projects
- 5:00 – Dinner @ Deerfield
- 6:30 – Backyard VBS
- 8:00 – Pack-up & return to the church
- 8:30 – Debriefing and testimonies (Worship Center)
- 9:00 – Head home for the night
Once the team is finalized, we will break into smaller groups who will predominantly work together throughout the week. These groups will meet together for the six weeks leading up to the trip to work through a Bible study together, preparing their hearts for the work. This preparation will also include regular prayer-walking of the neighborhood.
We strongly encourage all who can take the week off of work to do so, as you will only get out of the trip what you put in. Further, the less you time you are at Deerfield, the less opportunity you will have to connect with the families and individuals in the community.
If you are unable to get the week off and can only participate in the evenings, we’d love to have you join us! We are planning to have a shuttle between the church and Deerfield so that our members can park at the church and ride to Deerfield, eliminating congestion of cars in the neighborhood.
In order to participate, we ask that you click the button below to register. Each person who wants to participate should fill out the form. This form also includes the application for a stipend from the Mission Fund and for a scholarship, if needed. Registration deadline is June 9th.
*A note on cost: We are strongly encouraging all members to take advantage of the 60% stipend available from the Global Mission Vision fund. This would put the out-of-pocket expense to $60/person or $120/family. Even if you don’t need the assistance, we would encourage you to apply for it and then put extra money toward someone else’s expenses so that no one is prevented from participating because of finances.